Maida / all purpose flour: 1 cup
Ghee or Butter: 2 tsps
Green Chillies: 4 or 5
Thymol seeds (Vaamu, ajwain): 1 tsp
salt as required
water enough for kneading a dough
- Crush the green chillies and thymol seeds in the mixer grinder into a smooth paste (if it is a very small quantity u can add some maida while grinding).
- heat ghee/butter and pour into maida.
- add salt, green chillies paste and water to maida and knead well into a soft dough.
- make small balls out of the dough.
- take gavvala peeta or a fresh new comb and using your thumb roll them into shells.
- deep fry the shells till they turn into golden brown and enjoy the snack.
- can store them in an air tight container upto 15 days.