Urad dal : 2 cups
Spinach : 3 fistfuls or more (chopped finely)
green chillies : 5 (very finely chopped)
Onion : 1/2 (finely chopped)
Salt : as required
ginger : one inch piece (very finely chopped)
Oil : for frying
- Grind urad dal and salt to a thick paste without adding water. (Can sprinkle some water in between but try to avoid that.)
- Mix chopped onion, chopped spinach, chopped chillies and chopped ginger to the batter.
- Using oil/water shape the thick paste in the form of donut, make a hole in the center and deep fry.
- When they turn golden brown on both sides transfer them to paper napkin which absorbs excess oil.
- Serve hot with allam chutney or any other chutney.