What I used:
Tomatoes : 3
Celery Stick : 1 (chopped into cubes)
Onion : 1/4 (chopped)
Cumin seeds : 1/4 tsp
Garlic cloves : 3
Ginger piece : 1/2" piece
Salt : as required
Sugar : 1 tsp
Pepper Powder : 1/4 tsp or as per your spice level
Green Chillies : 1
Bay leaf : 1
Sour cream : 3 to 4 tbsp
Olive oil : 1 tbsp
How I did:
- Blanch the tomatoes and peel off the skin.
- In a saucepan, heat a tablespoon of olive oil and add cumin, chopped onion and chopped celery and cook till the onions are done.
- When cooled take all the cooked ingredients, peeled tomatoes, garlic, ginger and green chilli in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain the puree through a strainer into a saucepan. Add water as required to make it thinner.
- Add bay leaf and boil the soup on low to medium heat. Add salt, sugar, pepper powder and sour cream. Let it boil for 5 to 7 minutes. Check the consistency in between.
- Serve hot.