One morning I planned to cook Chapaties for night's dinner and soaked these chole to make a curry for chapatis. But I didn't find time to make the chapatis in the evening and I decided to freeze these chole for future use. That day was a Friday and I usually make some snack on Friday as the dinner generally gets delayed during weekends. So I thought why not give a try to this Chole Vada and they turned out really yummy.
Kabuli Sanagalu (Chole) : 1 cup
Green Chilli : 2Red Chilli : 2
Ginger - 1" (optional)
Coriander leaves - as desired
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Curry leaves few
Oil for deep frying
Although I didn't use curry leaves and coriander leaves in the vadas which are pictured, they really taste good only if you use them.
- Clean and soak chole for overnight.
- Grind Chole with Chillies and Cumin seeds coarsely. You can add ginger while grinding or u can add later by cutting them into very fine pieces.
- Chop Coriander and curry leaves finely. Mix this with the dal to form a good mixture. Also add salt.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Divide the dal mix into small balls, flatten them into small patties, either using your palm or using a wet plastic cover.
- Once the oil is hot, deep fry until they are well cooked. Normally takes around 5 mins on sim for each one to be ready.