Seedless dates: 18 to 20
Milk : 3/4 cup
Sugar : 3/4 cup
All purpose flour or maida : 1 cup
Oil : 1/2 cup
Baking soda : 1 tsp
Cashews, walnuts(optional) : 1 tbsp
- Soak the dates in warm milk or just heat milk and dates for few minutes or microwave them so that dates becomes soft and help in grinding.
- Add sugar and grind them to a smooth paste along with the milk in which it is soaked in.
- Add oil and mix.
- Sieve together flour and baking soda.
- Add the flour one table spoon at a time and mix slowly.
- Add the nuts and mix.
- Preheat the oven at 350F. Bake the cake in a greased oven proof dish for 35-40min (or till a knife inserted in the cake comes out clean).
- Cut into pieces and serve.