What I used:
Red Bell Pepper : 1
Fat free sour cream : 1 cup
Ground pepper : 1/2 tsp or as required
Garlic cloves : 3 to 4
Salt : as required
Oil : 1 tbsp
How I did:
- On a low gas flame, roast the bell pepper. Turn frequently with the help of tongs until it is roasted completely (almost turned black) on all the sides. Put it in a vessel and cover it with lid for 5 minutes. This will do the rest of the steaming process.
- You can even roast the bell pepper in an oven. Preheat the oven to 400 deg F. Brush the bell pepper with some oil and place it in an oven safe container. Bake it for more than half-hour turning every 10 minutes.
- When cooled, cut it into half, remove the seeds, and chop into small chunks.
- Process bell pepper chunks and garlic cloves in a food processor until smooth. Add sour cream along with salt and ground pepper and process until mixed.
- Store in the refrigerator until served.
- This dip is great on fresh veggies, pita chips, crackers or potato chips.