What I used:
Vermicelli : 1 1/2 cup
Milk : 3 cups
Water : 2 cups
Condensed Milk : 1/2 can
Sugar : 1/3 cup or as required
Nuts : as you wish (I used cashews, almonds, raisins)
Ghee : 1 tbsp
How I did:
- Take a sauce pan and boil 2 cups of water in it on medium high flame.
- Reduce the flame to medium and add vermicelli to it. You can also use roasted vermicelli if you wish.
- Cook for about two minutes and pour 3 cups of milk.
- Once the milk comes to boil add condensed milk and sugar.
- Switch off the stove once it comes to boil and leave it on the same stove for 10 minutes.
- Heat ghee in another pan, add all the nuts and fry till nicely browned.
- Pour into the payasam.
- Serve warm as a dessert.