What I used:
All purpose flour / Maida : 1 cup
Sugar : 1/2 cup
Ghee / clarified butter : 1/2 cup
Miniature semi sweet chocolate chips : a few (optional)
Makes 15 medium sized biscuits.
How I did:
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Combine maida and sugar in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add ghee and knead into a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into lemon sized balls.
- Grease a baking tray with some ghee and arrange the balls leaving enough space between each of them to avoid sticking to each other.
- Gently press and flatten the balls a little with your fingers. If desired, decorate with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or till the edges turn to golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes on the baking tray.
- Let cool completely before serving and storing. If chocolate chips are used, refrigerate for a while before serving.