What I used:
Vermicelli / Semiya : 1 cup
Rice flour : 3/4 cup
Sour curd / Yoghurt : 1/2 cup
Salt : as required
Water : 1 1/2 cups
Oil : as required
How I did:
- Take half cup of sour curd and half cup of water and whip them together.
- Soak vermicelli in this curd for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. If the curd is not sour, soaking can be done the night before.
- Mash the vermicelli with pappu gutti or using back of a ladle.
- Mix the rice flour spoon by spoon to vermicelli without any lumps, by adding water when required.
- Mix salt and the remaining water to adjust the consistency of the batter.
- Heat a non-stick dosa pan on medium high flame, spray cooking oil or grease oil with a spoon.
- Pour a big ladleful of batter in the center of the pan. Using the back of the laddle spread the batter in the form of a big round circle.
- Cook for few seconds and when turned to golden brown turn over.
- Cook for few more seconds and serve hot with any chutney. I've prepared Carrot Tomato Chutney for these dosas.