What I used:
Green beans : 1 cup (cut into 1" pieces)
Nuvvulapodi / Sesame Powder : 3 tbsp
Red chilli powder : 1 tsp or as required
Salt : as required
Urad dal : 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds : 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds : 1/2 tsp
Red chillies : 1 (broken into small bits)
Turmeric powder : a pinch
Oil : 1 tbsp
How I did:
- Take bean pieces in a microwavable bowl, add some water and microwave for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a kadai and do the tadka (add urad dal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and red chilli pieces).
- Drain the water from the beans and add to the kadai when the seeds crackle.
- Sprinkle salt and turmeric powder and cook covered till the beans are done.
- Finally add the sesame powder and red chilli powder. While adding chilli powder, keep in mind that sesame powder also contains some red chillies in it.
- Serve with plain rice.