What I used:
Cracked Rice (Biyyam ravva) : 2 cups
Bobbarlu (Black eyed beans) : 1/4 cup
water : 4 cups
ghee / oil : 3 tsp
Salt : as required
- To prepare biyyam ravva: wash rice and dry completely and ground to a coarse powder but not very fine.
- Soak bobbarlu for 1/2 hour and drain the excess water.
- In a thick bottomed saucepan boil 4 cups of water.
- Add oil / ghee and bobbbarlu to the boiling water.
- Let it boil for 5 mints and add the ground biyyam ravva and stir continuously ensuring that no lumps are formed. Cook covered for 7 to 10 mts on medium flame, stirring occassionally, and turn off the heat and cool.
- Once cool, make big lemon sized balls of the cooked mixture.