What I used:
Kohlrabi : 1 bulb
Curd / Yoghurt : 1 cup
Fresh grated coconut : 2 tbsp
Fenugreek seeds : 1 tsp
Mustard seeds : 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds : 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves : a few
Red chillies : 1 (broken into bits)
Green chillies : 3 to 4 (slit lengthwise)
Salt : as required
Turmeric power : a big pinch
Oil : 1 tbsp
What I did:
- Peel off the kohlrabi and cut into small cubes. Pressure cook them with just enough water for 2 whistles or can be microwaved until boiled or can be boiled in vessel on the stove.
- In a saucepan, heat a tbsp of oil and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and red chillies.
- Saute for a while and add the boiled kohlrabi, salt and freshly grated coconut. Simmer for two minutes.
- In a bowl whisk yoghurt along with turmeric powder.
- Add the cooked kohlrabi mixture to the yoghurt an mix thoroughly. Adjust salt if needed.
- Goes well with rice.