What I used:
All purpose flour : 1 cup
Grated carrots : 1 1/4 cup
Baking soda : 1/2 tsp
Eggs : 2
Baking powder : 3/4 tsp
Salt : 1/4 tsp
Canola oil : 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract : 1 tsp
How I did:
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg F. Grease a 8 x 2 cake pan and keep it aside.
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- In a bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- With a hand mixer or electric mixer beat eggs for about 1 minute or until you see the foam and add sugar and beat for about 3 or 4 minutes or until lightly colored and fluffy.
- Add oil little by little and vanilla extract and beat thorougly.
- Add the sifted flour mixture a spoonful at a time. Mix well just until blended.
- Mix in the grated carrot and gently fold in with a rubber spatula.
- Transfer the batter into the pre-greased pan and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpic inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes in the pan, remove and let cool completely before serving.