What I used:
Idli Batter : 2 cups
Dinosaur shape cookie cutter or any desired shape.
Few items for decoration : food color, butter, tomato ketchup, cherries, carrots, sprouts, cheese, M&Ms
What I did:
- First you need a pressure cooker or an idli vessel and a shallow plate or bowl small enough to fit in the cooker or idli vessel.
- Take the shallow plate or bowl and grease with some butter. Pour the idli batter upto about 1 inch thickness in the plate.
- Pour a glass of water in the presser cooker or idle steamer whichever you are going to use an put the idli plate in it. Cook on medium high flame for 7 to 10 minutes or until idli is cooked.
- Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Carefully remove the idli from the plate and transfer to a cutting board.
- Using the cookie cutters cut into desired shapes. Explore your creations an decorate as per your taste.
Make it a canvas for your painting (sorry I'm not a good food painter)
Apply some butter and decorate it sprouts and veggies
Apply some butter and arrange some fruit pieces on the top
Apply some butter and make it colorful with M&Ms
Apply some tomato ketchup and top up with cheese slice
Note : To get a perfect fine shape, cut the idli when it is completely cooled.