What I used:
Cooked rice : 4 cups
Grated carrot : 1 cup
Grated ginger : 1 tsp
Lemon juice : 1 tbsp or as required
Green chillies : 6 to 7 (slit lengthwise)
Mustard seeds : 1 tsp
Cumin seeds : 1 tsp
Urad dal : 1 tsp
Split Gram dal : 3 tbsp
Curry leaves : a few
Red chillies : 3
Salt : as required
Oil : 1 tbsp
What I did:
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a skillet on medium flame, add mustard sees, urad dal, cumin seeds and red chillies.
- When the seeds crackle, add grated ginger, curry leaves and the slit green chillies.
- Saute for a while and stir in grated carrot..
- Saute for a minute. The carrot doesn't have to be completely cooked.
- Take rice in a bowl and loosen all the rice with your hands and then add it the carrot mixture on the stove.
- Stir thoroughly until rice and the mixture are mixed well.
- Cook for one or two minutes and switch off the stove.
- Sprinkle salt and lemon juice and mix thoroughly.