What I used:
All purpose flour / Maida : 1 cup
Rice flour : 1 cup
Sooji : 1 cup
Corn Starch : 2 tbsp
Salt : as requiredWater : 4 cups (approximately)
Oil : as required
How I did:
- As the recipe calls for sooji and it thickens after a while when water is added, the batter has to be made atleast half hour ahead.
- Take maida, rice flour, sooji and corn starch in a mixing bowl and mix water little by little without forming any lumps until you get the consistency of normal dosa batter. You could use a hand blender to mix the batter without any lumps.
- Add salt and combine well. Just before starting to cook, adjust the consistency of the batter by adding little water, if required.
- Heat a non stick pan on medium high flame, grease some cooking oil to it.
- Reduce the flame to medium. Using a ladle or a cup, pour the batter starting from the outer edge of the pan, covering the entire circumference in the form of a circle. Fill the gaps in between, quickly and evenly. Every time you pour the dosas, mix the batter thoroughly.
- Pour a tsp of oil or two on and around the dosa.
- Let cook for a minute and when it turns to golden color flip over.
- Cook for few more seconds and serve with any chutney.