What I used:
All purpose flour : 1 1/4 cups
Egg : 1
Butter : 1 stick (1/2 cup)
White granulated sugar : 1/2 cup
Brown sugar : 1/2 cup
Sesame seeds : 1 cup
Vanilla extract : 1 tsp
Salt : 1/4 tsp
Baking powder : 1/2 tsp
How I did:
- Heat a pan on medium heat and roast the sesame seeds until lightly brown. Keep them aside to cool.
- Heat the oven to 350 deg F.
- Sift all purpose flour, baking powder and salt and keep aside.
- Take butter, white sugar and brown sugar in a mixing bowl and cream them together for about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and beat till combined.
- Add the flour mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Fold in 1/3 cup of roasted sesame seeds.
- Take a tea spoon sized dough, shape into a ball and roll in the sesame seeds to coat. Similarly make the remaining cookies and place them on a greased cookie sheet leaving 1 inch space between each cookie. Slightly press the balls with a spatula to flatten.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes or edges turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring from the cookie sheet.
- Let cool completely before storage.
- Makes about 80 cookies.