What I used:
Bombai Ravva (Sooji) : 1 cup
Urad dal : 1/2 cup
Spinach leaves : a handful (chopped)
Baking soda : 1/4 tsp
Salt : as required
Oil : for deep frying
How I did:
- Soak urad dal for 2 hours or more and grind into a smooth paste. This doesn't have to be tight as we do for normal garelu, so add little water while grinding,
- Mix ravva to urad dal batter and let rest for half-hour. Add salt, baking soda and chopped spinach and mix thoroughly.
- Apply little water to your palms, take a big lemon sized batter, shape it in the form of donut, make a hole in the center and deep fry.
- When they turn golden brown on both sides transfer them to paper napkin which absorbs excess oil.
- Serve hot with any chutney.