Rice : 1 cup
Split green gram dal : 1/2 cup
Cashews : 2 to 3 tbsp
Ginger : 1/2 inch (finely chopped)
Pepper corns : 1 tsp
Cumin seeds : 1/2 tsp
Mustard Seeds: 1/2 tsp
Ground pepper : 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves : a few (I didn't put them, 'cause I didn't have them)
Salt : as required
Ghee : 2 tbsp
How I did:
- Wash rice and dal together and keep aside.
- Heat two tbsp of ghee in a pressure cooker, add cashews, pepper corns, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, chopped ginger and curry leaves.
- Saute till the seeds splutter and cashews are nicely browned.
- Pour 4 cups of water and add salt and ground pepper.
- When the water comes to boil, add rice and dal and put the lid on with the whistle.
- Cook for upto three whistles and switch off the stove.
- Wait for ten minutes, open the lid and mix thoroughly.
- Serve hot with Sambar or Split yellow dal chutney.