Fresh raw mango cut into small cubes : 1 cup
Fresh shredded coconut : 1/2 cup
Red Chillies : 4 nos. (reduce the no. if you want less spicy)
Garlic : 3 cloves
Urad Dal : 2 tsp
Cumin seeds (Jeera) : 2 tsp
Coriander seeds : 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder : a pinch
Oil : 2 tbsp
Salt : as required
Hing : a big pinch
Fenugreek seeds : 1 tsp
Urad dal : 1 tsp
Mustard seeds : 1 tsp
cumin seeds : 1 tsp
curry leaves : a few
Red chillies : 2 cut into 1" pieces
- In a sauce pan, heat a tbsp of oil and fry red chillies, urad dal, cumin seeds and coriander seeds.
- Put these in a mixer grinder along with garlic and grind coarsely.
- Add coconut and grind untill the spices are well grinded.
- Add salt and turmeric powder and finally add mango cubes and run the mixer grinder under pulse for 15 - 20 seconds.
- Adjust the taste, if needed add little mango for sourness. If the mango is not too sour, add little lemon to it.
- Heat a saucepan and add oil for seasoning.
- Add hing, fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, red chillies, mustard seeds and urad dal.
- Switch off the flame once the spluttering stops and add the curry leaves.
- Garnish the chutney with the seasoning.