Maida (All purpose flour) : 1 cup
Butter : 1 3/4 oz
Vaamu (Ajwain/Thymol seeds) : 1/2 tsp
Salt : 1/2 tsp
Sugar : 3 tsp
Milk : 6 to 7 tsp
- In a mixing bowl, take maida and add thymol seeds, salt and sugar to it.
- Melt butter and add to the maida.
- Mix well until all the ingredients are combined properly.
- Add milk and knead to a soft dough.
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- Make balls out of the dough and with a rolling pin, roll them to 1/2 cm thick flat chapatis.
- Cut into round discs or with any shaped cookie cutters.
- Don't forget to poke with a fork, otherwise the biscuits will puff up.
- In a baking tray, dust some flour and arrange the biscuits.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges turn to golden brown in color.
- Serve with coffee or tea.