Sona Masoori Rice : 1 cup
Vaamu (Ajwain) : 1 1/2 tsp
Frozen green peas : 1/2 cup (can use fresh green peas if available)
Frozen corn : 1/2 cup (can use fresh or canned corn)
Grated carrot : 1 to 2 tbsp
salt : as required
water : 2 1/4 cups
Oil : 1 tbsp
- Wash rice in a vessel and keep it aside.
- Wash the frozen green peas and frozen corn in a vessel and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a cooker and add ajwain.
- After the ajwain turns to dark brown color, add green peas and corn.
- Cook for one minute. Saute in between.
- Add water and bring to boil. Sprinkle salt and add grated carrot and rice.
- Close the cooker with lid and put the weight after 30 secs.
- Wait for 3 whistles and turn off the heat.
- Before serving, mix the rice so that all the ingredients are combined properly.
- Can be served with Raita.