Sesame seeds (Nuvvulu) : 1 cup
Peeled Garlic Cloves :6
Cumin seeds : 1 tbsp
Red chillies : 10 (adjust according to your spice levels)
Salt : as required
- Heat a saucepan on medium flame and roast the cumin seeds and red chillies for a minute or until the cumin seeds change their color.
- Transfer the contents to a mixer grinder jar and let them cool.
- Heat the saucepan again and roast the sesame seeds until golden brown.
- After the red chillies and cumin seeds are cooled down a little, grind to a coarse powder.
- Add garlic cloves and grind.
- As the quantity is very less, the powder will stick to the walls of the jar while grinding. You'll have to stir in between so that all the ingredients are evenly powdered.
- Add the sesame seeds and salt and run the mixer grinder under pulse for about 15 to 30 secs. The powder should be coarse and a few sesame seeds should be visible.
- Adjust the salt if required.
- This powder can be stored in the refrigerator up to 3 months and can be used in preparation of few curries.
- Served with Idli, Dosa or Rice.