What I used:
Fresh Cranberries : 1 cup
Tamarind : 1 big marble sized (soak in a very little amount of water)
Red chilli powder : tbsp
Salt : 1 tbsp
Mustard Powder : 1/2 tbsp
Oil : 3 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste : 1 tsp
Mustard seeds : 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds : 1/2 tsp
Urad dal : 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves : a few
Red chillies : 1 or 2 broken into bits
Fenugreek seeds : 1/2 tsp
How I did:
- Wash cranberries and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a saucepan or kadai, add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add cranberries and soaked tamarind and cook for about 2 minutes. They cook real fast.
- Switch off the stove and let cool for a while. Mix in the red chilli powder, salt and mustard powder.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan, do the tadka (fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal, red chillies and curry leaves)
- When the seeds splutter, switch off and pour into the pickle.
- Mix thoroughly and let cool completely before storing in an air tight container.