What I used:
Cooked rice : 5 cups
Fresh parsley : 1 bunch (finely chopped)
Onion : 1/2 (slice thinly)
Cumin seeds : 2 tbsp
Cardamom : 6
Cloves : 6
Cinnamon : 1" stick
Black pepper seeds : 1/4 tsp
Ginger garlic paste : 1 tbsp
Green chillies : 7 to 8 (slit lengthwise)
Salt : as required
Oil : 2 to3 tbsp
How I did:
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan on medium high flame and add cloves, cinnamon, black pepper seeds, cardamom and cumin seeds.
- When the spices splutter, add green chillies and toss for a few seconds.
- Add chopped onions and ginger garlic paste and saute till the onions are nicely caramelized.
- Add finely chopped parsley and saute for two minutes. Parsley takes very minimum time to cook.
- When the parsley is cooked add rice and combine till all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Sprinkle salt and stir till combined. Cook for two minutes or so for the rice to absorb the flavours.
- Transfer the contents to a serving dish and serve hot with raita.