What I used:
Split green gram dal : 1 cup
Sugar : 3/4 cup
Ghee : 4 1/2 to 5 tbsp
How I did:
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan or any non-stick pan on medium flame and roast green gram dal till golden brown.
- When cooled grind them in a mixer grinder into a coarse powder. Not too coarse, should resemble a fine powder but when you touch it, you must still feel the grain.
- Grind the sugar too into a fine powder.
- Sieve both the powders together into a large mixing bowl.
- Fold in the ghee and with the help of your hands roll them into small lemon sized balls. The gram and sugar powder mix can be made ahead and preserved. Make laddoos whenever you want by adding ghee to it.
- Serve as a dessert or a snack.