What I used:
Quick cooking oats : 2 cups
All purpose flour / Maida : 1 cup
Rice flour : 1 cup
Sooji : 1 cup
Salt : as required
Green chillies : 4 to 5 (Chopped finely)
Cumin seeds : 1 tbs
Water : 6 1/2 cups (approximately)
Oil : as required
How I did:
- Take maida, rice flour, sooji and quick cooking oats in a mixing bowl and mix water little by little without forming any lumps until you get the consistency of normal dosa batter. You could use a hand blender to mix the batter without any lumps. Let the batter rest for 15 mins to half hour.
- Add salt, chopped green chillies and cumin seeds and combine well.
- Heat a non stick pan on medium high flame, grease some cooking oil to it.
- Reduce the flame to medium. Using a ladle or a cupe, pour the batter starting from the outer edge of the pan, covering the entire circumference in the form of a circle. Fill the gaps in between, quickly and evenly. Every time you pour the dosas, mix the batter thoroughly.
- Pour a tsp of oil or two on and around the dosa.
- Let cook for a minute and when it turns to golden color flip over.
- Cook for few more seconds and serve with any chutney.