What I used:
All purpose flour : 1 1/2 cups
Unsalted butter : 1/2 cup
Sugar : 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract : 1 tsp
Salt : 1/8 tsp
Orange and yellow food colors : as needed
How I did:
- Heat oven tot 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl beat butter with an electric or hand mixer on medium until smooth. Add sugar and beat until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Add vanilla and beat until combined.
- Sift flour and salt into the creamed butter and beat until combined, scraping down side of bowl occasionally.
- Divide the dough into three equal parts. Fold in a few drops of orange color into one portion and knead the dough thoroughly until combined properly. Repeat the same by adding yellow color to another portion of the dough. Leave one portion as it is.
- Take a small loaf pan or a small square bowl and line it up with plastic wrap. The wrap should be extra sized than the bowl you are using which helps in taking out the dough from the bowl. Take yellow colored dough and press and spread it evenly at the bottom of the bowl. Layer on the top with white colored and followed with orange colored dough. Cover with the plastic wrap and refrigerate for about half an hour.
- Take out the dough from the bowl carefully, unwrap it and place it on the cutting board. Cut the dough from the top into 1 cm slices. Cut each slice into small triangles.
- Arrange on a parchment paper covered baking sheet spacing evenly and bake for 15 to 20 minutes,depending on the size of the cookies, or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes. Let the biscuits cool completely before storing.