What I used:
All purpose flour / Maida : 1 cup
Sugar : 1/2 cup
Butter : 1/2 cup
Baking Powder : 1 tsp
Milk : 2 to 3 tbsp
Dates : 6 to 8
How I did:
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Chop the dates into very small chunks.
- Sieve maida and baking powder and combine sugar to it in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add chopped dates and melted butter and knead into a soft dough. If it doesn't form into a proper dough, add little milk.
- Divide the dough into lemon sized balls.
- Grease a baking tray with some butter and arrange the balls leaving enough space between each of them to avoid sticking to each other.
- Gently press and flatten the balls a little with your fingers.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or till the edges turn to golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes on the baking tray.
- Let cool completely before serving and storing. Store in an air tight container.