What I used:
Sweet Potato : 2 medium sized
Kasoori Methi : 2 tbsp
Salt : as required
Red Chilli Powder : 1 tsp or as required
Dhania Powder : 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala Powder : 1/4 tsp
Mustard Seeds : 1/4 tsp
Cumin Seeds : 1/4 tsp
How I did:
- Wash, peel and cut sweet potatoes into small cubes and put them in cold water until you transfer them to the stove.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a kadai on medium high flame, add mustard and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds splutter, thoroughly drain the water from the sweet potato cubes and add them to the kadai.
- Cook uncovered for two minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add salt, kasoori methi and put the lid on. Stir in between and cook till the sweet potatoes are cooked enough but not mushy.
- Just before switching off the stove, add all the spice powders according to your taste.
- Serve with plain rice.