What I used:
Carrots : 1 cup (medium sized cubes)
Red chilli powder : 4 tbsp
Mustard powder : 2 tbsp
Salt : 1 1/2 tbsp (or according to your taste)
Nimma uppu (sour salt / citric acid) : 2 tbsp (can be substituted with lemon juice)
Oil : 1 cup
How I did:
- Wash the carrots and peel off the skin. Cut into medium sized cubes and let them air dry for 1 to 2 hours.
- Take the cubes in a sterile and dry bowl, and add chilli powder, mustard powder, salt and nimma uppu.
- Mix well and pour in the oil.
- combine all the ingredients thoroughly and store in a sterile jar.
- Let soak for one day and its ready to eat with rice or chapathi or any other food.