What I used:
Kattu neeru : 1 cup (Drained after boiling 1 cup senagapappu/chana dal in 3 cups of water)
Tamarind : a small marble sized (soak and extract juice)
Urad dal : 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds : 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds : 1/4 tsp
Red chillies : 2 (broken into small bits)
Curry leaves : a few
Salt : as required
Turmeric powder : a pinch
Oil : 2 tsp
How I did:
- Heat oil in a pan on medium high heat, add mustard seeds, red chilllies, cumin seeds, urad dal.
- Allow the seeds to splutter and add curry leaves.
- Toss for few seconds and add turmeric powder, kattu neeru and tamarind juice.
- Add salt and allow it to boil once.
- Serve hot with plain rice.