What I used:
Cooked rice : 2 cups
Besan (senagapindi) : 1 cup
Onion : 1 (cut into thin slices)
Green chillies : 6 or 7 (chopped into tiny bits)
Garam Masala powder : 1 tsp
Salt : as required
Oil : for deep frying
How I did:
- Take chopped onions in a vessel and mix some salt to them. Close the vessel with a lid and keep aside for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- This will release some water from onions and reduces the necessity of adding water to the batter.
- To the onions, add rice, green chillies, garam masala, besan and salt. Mix throughly.
- Try to avoid water if you want them really crispy and more water absorbs more oil. If required to add water, add a tsp of oil and that's completely optional.
- Adjust the salt.
- Heat oil in a deep Kadai and scoop a spoon full of batter and drop into the hot oil.
- Fry on medium high flame for 2 mins turning around so that all the sides are well fried.
- When turned to golden brown, drain to a kitchen towel.
- Serve with ketchup or just plain.