What I used:
Potatoes : 2 large sized
Oil : for deep frying
Sea Salt : for seasoning
Pepper powder : for seasoning
How I did:
- Peel off the potatoes and cut into long strips approximately 1 cm wide and thick.
- Boil water in a large vessel and cook the potato strips in this water until they are almost done but not completely.
- Remove and place them on a paper towel to drain. Let cool at room temperature for about 2 hours.
- At this stage, you can freeze the fries for future use. Make them ahead, if you have plans to invite any guests and freeze.
- Before serving, heat oil in a saucepan or wok on high, fry potato strips for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Season with sea salt and pepper powder.