What I used:
Maramralu (Puffed rice) : 4 cups
Thin Sev : 1/2 cup
Verusenagapappu (Peanuts) : 4 tbsp
Vepina Senagapappu (Putnalu / roasted chana dal) : 4 tbsp
Crushed garlic cloves : 4 or 5
Curry leaves : a few
Red chillies : 2 (broken into small bits)
Mustard seeds : 1 tsp
Urad dal : 1 tsp
Cumin seeds : 1 tsp
Red chilli powder : 1 tsp (adjust according to your spice levels)
Salt : as required
Coriander powder : 1/2 tsp
Sugar : 1 tsp
Turmeric powder : 1/4 tsp
Oil : 1 tbsp
How I did:
- Heat oil in a deep shallow pan on medium high flame, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal, red chillies, peanuts, garlic cloves.
- When peanuts and garlic are well fried, add roasted chana dal, curry leaves, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder.
- Combine all the ingredients and mix puffed rice.
- Stir well so that the puffed rice is evenly coated with the powders and fry for two more minutes.
- Combine Sev.
- Store in an air tight container until served.