What I used:
Medium sized firm Carrots : 3
Verusenaga Podi (Peanut Powder) : 3 tbsp
Salt : as required
Red chillies : 2 (broken into small bits)
Cumin seeds : 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds : 1/4 tsp
Urad dal : 1/4 tsp
Oil : 1 tbsp
How I did:
- Wash, peel and grate the carrots and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai on medium high, add mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds and red chillies.
- Allow the seeds to splutter and add grated carrot.
- Add little salt and cook for five minutes. Do not add the exact amount of salt required, as the peanut powder also contains some salt.
- Saute in between. Mix the peanut powder and cook for another minute.
- Serve hot with rice.