Verusenaga gullu (Pallilu / Peanuts / Groundnuts) : 1 cup
Dry Coconut Powder : 1 cup
Peeled Garlic Cloves : 8
Cumin seeds : 2 tbsp
Red chillies : 12
Salt : as required
- Heat a saucepan on medium flame and roast the cumin seeds and red chillies for a minute or until the cumin seeds change their color.
- Transfer the contents to a mixer grinder jar and let them cool.
- Heat the saucepan again and roast the peanuts until finely roasted. Peel off the skin and keep aside.
- After the red chillies and cumin seeds are cooled down a little, grind to a coarse powder.
- Add garlic cloves and grind.
- Add the peanuts and salt and grind coarsely.
- Add the dry coconut powder finally and run on pulse once or twice until the it is combined with all the ingredients.
- Adjust the salt if required.
- This powder can be stored in the refrigerator up to 3 months and can be used in preparation of few curries.
- Served with Idli, Dosa or Rice.