Broccoli : 1 medium sized (separated into florets)
Capsicum : 2 nos. (cut into big chunks)
Carrot : 1 medium sized (cut into big chunks)
Tomato : 1 (cut into big chunks)
Garlic : 4 cloves
Urad Dal : 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds : 1 tbsp
Chana Dal : 1 tbsp
Green Chillies : 7 to 8
Tamarind : a small marble sized (soaked in little water)
Oil : 3 tsps
Salt : as required
For Popu / Tadka:
Red chillies : 4 or 5 1" pieces
Curry leaves : of 1 or 2 stems
Urad Dal : 1 tsp
Mustard seeds : 1 tsp
Cumin seeds : 1 tsp
Hing (Inguva) : a pinch
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan, add urad dal, cumin seeds, chana dal and green chillies and toss for 2 or 3 minutes until done.
- Add all the vegetables and cook on medium flame till they are cooked. Saute in between.
- Grind all the ingredients including garlic and tamarind in a mixer jar until smooth. Add salt.
- Transfer the contents from the mixer jar to the serving bowl.
- Heat a tsp of oil in a pan, fry all the popu ingredients and pour it over the chutney.
- Can be well served with dosas, chapatis or even plain rice.