Saggubiyyam (Sabudana/Sago) : 1 cup
Roasted Peanuts : 1/4 cup
Frozen green peas : 1/4 cup
Frozen corn : 1/4 cup
Fresh grated coconut : 2 tbsp
Green chillies : 6 or 7 (slit lengthwise)
Sugar : 2 tsp or as per taste
Salt : as per taste
Lemon juice : 1 tbsp
Chopped coriander : 2 tbsp
Urad dal : 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds : 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds : 1/4 tsp
Oil : 1 tbsp
Ghee (clarified butter) : 1 tbsp
- Soak the Sago in a vessel of water for one hour. Sago should be completely immersed in water. Drain the water, strain in a colander and keep for another one hour.
- Grind the roasted peanuts into a coarse powder and keep aside.
- Wash the frozen green peas and frozen corn and microwave on high in a microwavable bowl for 3 minutes. This makes the cooking process easier.
- In a non stick kadai, heat oil and ghee a tbsp each. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and urad dal.
- When the mustard seeds start spluttering, add green chillies and toss for a few seconds.
- Add the microwaved peas and corn.
- Saute for a minute and add the Sago.
- Sago needs to be cooked on a low flame to avoid burning and forming lumps.
- Add salt and stirring continuously in between, cook the sago till they turn to pearl like texture. The cooking process may take upto 10 minutes. Make sure to stir in between as they have the tendency to stick to each other.
- Finally mix in the roasted peanut powder, fresh grated coconut, sugar, lemon juice and chopped coriander.
- Serve hot or keep covered until served.