Regipallu (Indian Jujube) : 2 lbs
Green chillies : 1/2 lb
Jaggery : 1 lb
Cumin seeds : 2 tsp
Salt : as required
- Wash the regipallu well with water and let them dry.
- Break each regipandu with your fingers or cut them with knife to see if there are any spoiled ones. Traditional way is to break with the fingers. Don't remove the seeds.
- Take off the stems of the green chillies and put them in the mixer grinder along with salt and cumin seeds.
- Grind to a coarse paste and then add grated jaggery and grind.
- Add regipallu along with seeds to the mixer grinder and run on pulse for a few seconds just to combine the ingredients.
- Adjust the salt if needed.
- Take a big polythene sheet or you can use some big plates if you have.
- Drop tablespoonful of the mixture leaving a little gap between all of them.
- Sun dry for one or two days and store them in an air tight container.