Large Carrots : 1 lb
Sugar : 2 cups (or as per taste)
Ghee (clarified butter) : 4 tbsp
Whole Milk : 2 cups
Khoya (Kova) : 1 cup
Cardamom Powder : 1/4 tsp
Cashews : 2 tbsp
- Peel the carrots and cut them into big chunks. Grind coarsely in a food processor. You can grate the carrots too, but it's a time consuming process.
- Heat a tsp of ghee in a thick bottomed saucepan, fry cashews till golden brown and keep them aside.
- In the same saucepan, heat the remaining ghee and add the carrot.
- Fry in a medium flame till the carrots are half cooked and combine the milk.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring continuously.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until the carrot is well cooked and absorbs all the milk.
- Mix in sugar and cook for 10 more minutes.
- When the ghee starts separating, stir in the khoya and the cardamom powder and remove from heat.
- Garnish with cashews and serve warm.