Cabbage : 2 cup (chopped into very fine thin pieces)
Onion : 1 cup (chopped into very fine pieces)
Besan (Senagapindi) : approx 3 tbsp
Green chillies : 3 or 4 (Chopped into fine pieces)
Ginger garlic paste : 1 tsp
Garam Masala powder : 1/4 tsp
Salt : as required
Oil : for deep frying
- Take chopped onions and chopped cabbage in a vessel and mix some salt to them. Close the vessel with a lid and keep aside for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- This will release some water from onions and reduces the necessity of adding water to the batter.
- Mix green chillies, ginger garlic paste, garam masala and the besan spoon by spoon. The besan should be just enough to bind all the ingredients together.
- Try to avoid water if you want them really crispy and more water absorbs more oil. If required to add water, add a tsp of oil and that's completely optional.
- Adjust the salt.
- Heat oil in a deep Kadai and scoop a spoon full of batter and drop into the hot oil.
- Fry on medium high flame for 2 mins turning around so that both sides are well fried.
- When turned to golden brown, drain to a kitchen towel.
- Serve with ketchup or just plain, as a side for dal or sambar or as a main in front of TV.