Boiled rice : 2 cups
Menthikoora (Methi / Fenugreek Leaves) : 1 bunch (cleaned and blanched)
Onions : 1/2 (slit lengthwise)
Frozen green peas : 1/4 cup
Green chillies : 6 to 7 (slit lengthwise)
Ginger garlic paste : 1/2 tsp
Chopped coriander : 2 tbsp
Garam Masala : 1 tsp
Salt : as required
Oil : 2 tbsp
Urad dal : 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds : 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds : 1/4 tsp
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan on medium high flame and add urad dal, cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- When mustard splutters, add green chillies and toss for a few seconds.
- Add chopped onions and ginger garlic paste and saute till the onions are done.
- Mix in the frozen green peas and blanched methi and cook on medium flame with lid on. Saute in between.
- When the methi is cooked add rice and combine till all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Sprinkle salt, garam masala and a little chopped coriander and stir till combined. Cook for two minutes or so for the rice to absorb the flavours.
- Transfer the contents to a serving dish, garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot with raita.