Whole Green Gram (Pesalu) : 1 cup (soaked overnight)
Black eyed beans (Bobbarlu) : 1 cup (soaked overnight)
Onions : 1 cup (Chopped into small cubes)
Ginger garlic paste : 1 1/2 tsp
Green chillies : 4 to 5 (cut lengthwise)
Garam masala powder : 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder : 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds : 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds : 1/4 tsp
Urad dal : 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves : 10 to 12
Chopped tomato : 2 tbsp
Chopped Coriander : 2 tbsp
Salt : as required
Oil : 2 tsp
Sugar : 1/4 tsp (Optional)
- Soak the green gram and black eyed beans overnight, wash and keep aside.
- On a medium flame, heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Do tadka by adding mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- When mustard seeds splutter, add ginger garlic and green chillies paste and saute for a minute until the raw smell goes off.
- Add chopped onions and little salt and fry till the onion are half cooked.
- Add the washed green gram and black eyed beans and a cup of water.
- Close the pan with a lid and allow them to cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes or until the beans are cooked well. Saute in between.
- Add the spice powders, chopped tomato and adjust the salt.
- Transfer into a serving bowl and garnish with chopped coriander.
- Goes well with chapatis.